Scotty Bomb's 101 in 1001

Scotty Bomb (of the Bomb Shelter) tries to do 101 things in 1001 days. Come enjoy the mayhem.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Friday, August 05, 2005

#88. Getting Some Credit

A little over a week ago, I got called by the Bank of Montreal, and a really insistant telemarketer tried to sell me a credit card. Well, after unsuccesfully trying to disengage myself from the conversation, I finally caved and agreed to fill out the over-the-phone application for an MBNA Mastercard.

Now, my logic was that, seeing as I have no pre-existing credit rating, they'd call me back after a day or two and inform me that my application would be declined. So imagine my surprise when they called back to happily inform me that my application was approved and my Mastercard was in the mail.

It arrived yesterday.

So, I guess #88, get a new credit card, is done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

They hand those things out like candy. Especially to students. So if you have no existing credit record, you're probably in the top ten per cent of successful applicants anyway.

12:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home