Scotty Bomb's 101 in 1001

Scotty Bomb (of the Bomb Shelter) tries to do 101 things in 1001 days. Come enjoy the mayhem.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Thursday, May 19, 2005

#55. and #83. Completed.

A few weeks back, I went and saw The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with Nita for Mr. Conrad's birthday. It was quite good, and both Nita and I had a good time.

One part of the movie that was particularly hilarious - Nita nearly died laughing - involved the infinite improbability drive turning everyone, briefly, into string puppets.

Yesterday, while killing some time before my show, I went to Warp 1 Comics and Games a few blocks away. While wandering around I stumbled upon the string puppet versions of the entire Hitchhiker's crew; Arthur, Marvin, Zaphod, Trillian and Ford (who comes complete with towel). I bought them all for Nita on the spot.

As I predicted, she loved them.

So I guess that satisfies #55, as there was no good reason for me to get them for her, except that I knew she wanted them.

On other 101 in 1001 news, I've just read A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. Quite a good read, very well thought out fantasy and excellently written. I couldn't put it down for three days and polished it off in that time. I've just started on book two of the series, A Clash of Kings, but still have yet to purchase the third book. Nita also just lent me The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, second of the Douglas Adams series. So both #66 and # 67 are progressing. Plus, here's a little excerpt of conversation:

Dawn (my co-worker, comes in to rent a movie on her day off): Hey Scott. I was just talking about you.

Me: Oh?

Dawn: Yeah, I was telling my parents how you look like that guy from Star Trek?

Me: Which one?

Dawn: Commander Riker. I think it's the beard.

So I guess that should about conclude #83 as well. If someone comes up and tells me, out of the blue, that I've succeeded at growing a Frakes-esque beard, than who am I to argue?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:51 p.m.  
Blogger Jake said...

I've got an omnibus edition of all five Hitch Hiker books. If you want to borrow it, just say the word, Number One.

11:51 p.m.  
Blogger Nezbitt said...

#55...

OhmagawdILoveYouSoMuch!!!

3:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home