Scotty Bomb's 101 in 1001

Scotty Bomb (of the Bomb Shelter) tries to do 101 things in 1001 days. Come enjoy the mayhem.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Saturday, July 30, 2005

#42. & #43. Totally Done

Nita and I went with my folks down to Klondike Days here in Edmonton last evening.

Usually speaking, I go to the midway with friends. The idea there is that my friends like to go on thrill-rides with me. Nita and my folks, on the other hand, are wussies. So no thrill-rides for them.

This is why I created #42 on my list, the whole point was to talk Nita into going on a ride with me.

Now, admittedly, we didn't go on anything as wild as the Zipper, and I had to go on the Speed Flip by myself, but I did manage to talk Nita into going on the roller coaster with me, and the Scrambler.

She decided she wanted to go on the roller coaster a second time, so I'll say that #42 is done, barring getting her to go on the Speed Flip with me next year.

On our way out, we played, like, six games of Ski-Ball to try and win something. It was all for naught. As usual, with carnival games, the odds are thoroughly stacked against you, and the 200 point mark for Ski-Ball is at least hard to hit.

I ended up playing the ducky game to win Nita a prize, but a prize she won and that's all that matters. She seemed more impressed that I cared enough to win her a prize, and that made me happy.

So, in the end, we both had a great time and the fair. I went on crazy rides, Nita and I went on not-as-crazy rides, we ate terribly greasy food (my corndog was mostly batter... ugh) and watched the fireworks. Fun!

Also, scratch two off my list. Next year, I'll bring some other friends again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home