Scotty Bomb's 101 in 1001

Scotty Bomb (of the Bomb Shelter) tries to do 101 things in 1001 days. Come enjoy the mayhem.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Friday, May 06, 2005

#20. Reading horror novels.

I should clarify this one, as I've just discovered a list of the 100 best horror stories of all time, and really don't know if I can get through all the ones I've yet to read.

The list I was referring to was the Listmania! Best Horror Novels of the 20th Century. It contains the 11 best horror novels by contemporary writers:

Harvest Home (Thomas Tryon), Ghost Story (Peter Straub), I Am Legend (Richard Matheson), Rosemary's Baby (Ira Levin), The Ceremonies (T.E.D. Klein), The Exorcist (William Peter Blatty), The House on the Borderland (William Hope Hodgeson), The Haunting of Hill House (Shirley Jackson), At the Mountains of Madness and Other Tales of Terror (H.P. Lovecraft), 'Salem's Lot (Stephen King), The Doll Who Ate His Mother (Ramsey Campbell)

Notably, I've already read At the Mountains of Madness and Other Tales of Terror by H.P. Lovecraft. So that leaves ten. I've borrowed 'Salem's Lot and hope to read it soon.

As an update on #11, I've just watched Amadeus (1984) and Ed Wood (1994). That brings the count up to five movies, so... twenty more to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home